We provide an online platform for dance schools and companies to set up and run their own online dancewear shops. The website allows students to purchase products from IDS via a website run by their own dance school and tailored to their needs.
If you order any products from your dance school’s website, you will be entering into a contract with us and we will process your order and send out your goods.
- What personal information we collect about you when you use the Website
- How we use your personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA
- How long we keep your personal information
- What we do to protect your personal information
- What choices you have in relation to your personal information
This website is owned and operated by International Dance Suppliers Ltd (IDS). Our registered address is Harlequin House, Forde Court, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4BT.
We would welcome any comments or queries you may have about this website or how we deal with your personal information. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We last updated this Privacy Statement on April 23, 2018.
Personal Information we collect about you
What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address and name of your dance school
- your contact details including email address and telephone number
- the products you have ordered from us
- what kind of products you are interested in
- other information to allow us to provide the services you have requested
- your bank account details
- details of products or services we have provided to you in the past
We collect information about you in two different categories:
- Identifiable information – this is information that allows us to identify you such as name and email address, telephone number etc
- Anonymous information – we may collect information that does not personally identify you, but we can use this information to tailor our products and services more accurately.
Personal Information you give us
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- Create an account
- Place an order
- Fill in an enquiry form
- Contact us by email or post
- Contact us by telephone
- Contact us via online chat
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address (the name your computer used to identify itself to you)
- The number of times you visited our website
- The pages that you visit
Personal Information we collect from other sources
We work with a number of other organisations such as payment processing companies, credit reference agencies, internet search engines, marketing organisations and cookie providers who may provide us with information about you.
We may collect personal information from the following organisations:
How we use your Personal Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To process your order and send our your goods
- to send you marketing materials (if you have agreed to this)
- to contact you about a request you may have made
- to process your payments
- to process your commission payment
- to fulfil any contracts you have entered into with us
- to analyse and tailor the products that we offer to you with your needs and interests
- to comply with any legal obligation (such as tax laws) or as otherwise required by law or regulation
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our services or website
- to help us develop the website and make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on our website and services
- to administer our website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
- to keep our website safe and secure
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We have listed these below and what information they allow us to process.
1.) Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
We will need to use your information in order to comply with a contract that we have entered into with you:
- to process your order
- to tell you about changes to our website or our services
- to help us (or our software developers) improve the website
2.) Where we have your consent
- We will set up a customer account for you which you can use to purchase goods if you wish
3.) Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
We may provide you with marketing information (via email) about our own products and services similar to those that you have purchased or enquired about (unless you tell us to stop).
4.) Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
Examples of how we may use your information to fulfil a legal obligation
Keeping records for tax purposes
We may provide you with information about our products, services, special offers, and other news where we feel these may interest you but only where you have not told us to stop.
We may use your information for market research and analysis so that we can ensure that we tailor our offers to your likes and needs.
Depending on what contact information you have given to us, we may contact you by email or post. We will only do this where you have consented to receiving such information from us.
You can opt out of such marketing at any time and If you wish to do so, please email us at email@example.com
Sharing your Personal Information
Other third parties
We may share your information with certain other third parties including:
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Our website providers who need to see your information in order to keep our website up and running
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
We work with the following organisations:
- Amazon AWS - Cloud data storage services (www.amazon.com)
- Microsoft 365 –Email and Microsoft Applications (www.microsoft.com)
- Khaos Control
- Sage Pay
- Google Analytics
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets
Third Party Privacy Policies
Where we store your Personal Information
Storage of Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that our suppliers have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party located in the EEA.
All third parties who provide services or software to us are required to sign a contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. Customer retention periods can be found below:
Type of Documents
Description of Document
Name and contact details of people expressing interest in our goods or services.
3 years from last order or interaction.
Name and contact details of all customers including emails, addresses and payment information
7 years after last order.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact at [Data queries Email] or write to us at the address above
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
You can request that we change, amend, delete your information or restrict our processing by emailing us at [Data queries Email].
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at [Data queries Email].
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at [Data queries Email] with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Address: Information Commissioners Office
How to Contact us